On March 8 every year, International Women’s Day is celebrated to felicitate women and their achievements. Women have come a long way in their struggle for equality, but there is still a long distance to cover. This year, the theme for Women’s Day is ‘Be Bold For Change.’ And to encourage women to be bolder, stronger and more powerful in all spheres of life, here are some inspiring Women’s Day quotes. These powerful statements, made by women and for women, will inspire you to celebrate women in all their glory.
1. “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
2. “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
3. “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.” – Mary Kom
4. “Women need to be empowered through the strongest tool – education. They don’t need to be subservient to anyone, but at the same time, men must change their mindset towards women. If they are more respectful towards them, then things will change at the grassroots level. It will happen slowly, but everyone has to move together.” – Madhuri Dixit
5. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
6. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg